SwellDOWN’s special mixture of montmorillonite clay and unique therapeutic ingredients has a cooling effect on injuries often caused by hard knocks or jarring. The clay, used as a poultice, draws out heat and reduces swelling commonly generated at damaged sites to aid a more rapid recovery. It is fast, effective and an excellent tightener around knees, ankles and tendons.
SwellDOWN contains NO substances in concentrations that breach the rules of racing.
When do they need it?
- After training, trialling and post-race
- After exercise (especially on hard or heavy ground)
- After events
- First sign of inflammation
- Can be used to draw out stone bruises
How does it work?
The combination of wet clay, essential oils and minerals in SwellDOWN has a cooling effect on the skin. Heat produced by exercise or injury is drawn out at a rapid rate, limiting hypoxic (lack of oxygen) damage and reducing the risk of oedema (fluid retention) and muscle damage, thereby aiding recovery.
- Magnesium Sulphate: Delivers the cooling drawing action to lessen pain.
- Potassium Aluminium Sulphate: Works to ‘tighten’ the leg, keeping swelling and inflammation at a minimum.
- Calcium Carbonate: Adjusts the poultice to the correct pH level.
- Oil of Peppermint and Eucalyptus:
- Reduces muscle pain and inflammation
- Creates a cooling sensation; keeps horse is comfortable during treatment
- Antiseptic properties help to disinfect any minor cuts/abrasions present under poultice.
- Glycerine: A humectant (retains moisture) which softens & moisturises the skin. Reduces itchiness.
- Wet montmorillonite clay: Binds the actives together and keeps them wet, so effective for longer.
• Aluminium Silicate
• Calcium Carbonate
• Magnesium Sulphate (Epsom Salts)
• Potassium Aluminium Sulphate (Alum)
• Oil of Peppermint
• Oil of Eucalyptus
• Montmorrillonite clay
Directions for Use
• Cleanse the area thoroughly.
• To assist as a preventative after racing, competition or heavy exercise, coat targeted area with SwellDOWN.
To relieve soreness and swelling, and for maximum results:
• Cover area to be treated with a liberal amount of SwellDOWN.
•Wrap with moist paper (preferably brown paper or newspaper).
• Apply Kelato’s EnduroWRAP cohesive bandage to hold in place.
• Leave in place for 2 to 4 hours then wash off with water, ensuring all SwellDOWN is removed.
• May be used daily.
• The draw out stone bruises and for general hoof soreness, pack bottom of hoof with SwellDOWNand hold in place with moist paper (preferably brown paper) and hoof boots.
**LIMIT APPLICATION TO ONCE EVERY 24 HOURS**